A little planning before you pose should make your day in front of the camera one to cherish and to enjoy. Here, Tony Kirves, photographer and owner of Southern Exposure Photography, shares tips for each photo session related to your big day.
- Coordinate the clothing. Warmer colors or earth tones are great for outdoor shoots. Be careful about bold, plaid patterns that will distract from the couple’s faces.
- Come right after your makeup appointment.
- Usually it’s just the couple at this shoot. We’re trying to show a little bit of their character and capture the love between the two of them.
- Shoot these early in the week of the wedding.
- Mom is a good helping hand or a bridesmaid. It’s good to have help putting the veil in.
- Bring some flowers. A florist make a bouquet or pick up some fresh cut flowers.
- Get to know your photographer before the shoot, so you’re more relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera.
- Tell the photographer in advance if you want to shoot in multiple locations.
- Choose locations that are special to you two.